Don't know if I am doing something wrong here, please help.

I am using JBoss Cache 1.3.0.SP2 with Hibernate 3.2.CR2.  I am getting the
dreaded "org.jboss.cache.CacheException: unable to validate nodes" exception
caused by:

INFO [WebContainer : 0]
(org.jboss.cache.interceptors.OptimisticValidatorInterceptor.simpleValidate(OptimisticValidatorInterceptor:?)
 2006-05-23 00:46:28,518 - DataNode [/org/hibernate/cache/StandardQueryCache]
version DefaultDataVersion(35) is newer than workspace node
DefaultDataVersion(33)

Since I was positive there was only one thread executing at the time I went
back to see how the version number on the StandardQueryCache could have been
incremented within a single transaction.  Turns out I have one main transaction
with PROPAGATION_REQUIRED and during the execution I make two calls to
transactions with PROPAGATION_REQUIRES_NEW.  The two new transactions will
suspend the main transaction, execute a query among other things, and commit
the transaction (which causes the cache to increment the version on the
StandardQueryCache), and then resume the main transaction.

This is the log statement I see when the "nested" transactions commit:

Setting version of data node org/hibernate/cache/StandardQueryCache from
DefaultDataVersion(34) to DefaultDataVersion(35)

As a side note I am puzzled as to why the query is even going into the
StandardQueryCache at all because the query is not flagged as cachable in
Hibernate and all my unit tests (which do not use optimistic locking due to the
lack of a transaction manager) do not show the queries being stored in the
StandardQueryCache.

How is this how it is supposed to work?  Seems like PROPAGATION_REQUIRES_NEW is
not supported with optimistic cache.  The only way I can get around it now is
to disable query caching globally in Hibernate.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3945573#3945573

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3945573