From: Mir S Islam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 6:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [JBoss-user] mysql and jboss

I am trying to use mysql with jboss as described in the documentation
but
ran into some problem.

During the initialization I see the following messages on console/server
log.

[Configuration] DataSourceClass set to
org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XADataSour
ceImpl in DefaultDomain:service=XADataSource,name=ipdomainMySQL^M
[Configuration] PoolName set to ipdomainMySQL in
DefaultDomain:service=XADataSou
rce,name=ipdomainMySQL^M
[Configuration] URL set to jdbc:mysql://jupiter:3306/ipdomain in
DefaultDomain:s
ervice=XADataSource,name=ipdomainMySQL^M
[Configuration] JDBCUser set to mislam in
DefaultDomain:service=XADataSource,nam
e=ipdomainMySQL^M
[Configuration] Password set to mir in
DefaultDomain:service=XADataSource,name=i
pdomainMySQL^M

So it seems like the driver was loaded properly and a datasource called
ipdomainMySQL was setup. Later on the server log following message
confirms
(?) that ipdomainMySQL was bound to the server.

[XADataSourceLoader] Starting^M
[ipdomainMySQL] XA Connection pool ipdomainMySQL bound to
java:/ipdomainMySQL^M
[XADataSourceLoader] Started^M
[ServerDataCollector] Starting^M
[ServerDataCollector] JBoss Management Service 'servercollector' bound
server
collector^M

But when I invoke my ejb I get an error message on the server that:

[Default] Entering TestMysql.ejbCreate()
[Default] Error: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: ipdomainMySQL not
bound
[Default] Leaving TestMysql.ejbCreate()

Here is relevant code from my EJB class file. Any pointer/examples will
be
appreciated. Thanks

    public void ejbCreate() {
        System.out.println("Entering TestMysql.ejbCreate()");
        Context c = null;
        if (this.jdbcFactory == null) {
            try {
                c = new InitialContext();
                this.jdbcFactory =

(javax.sql.DataSource)c.lookup("java:comp/env/ipdomainMySQL");
            } catch (Exception e){ System.out.println("Error: " + e); }
 }
 System.out.println("Leaving TestMysql.ejbCreate()");
    }