I'm late to this thread, so please forgive if I miss something stated earlier
in all of the above :-)

First, the "Suppressing invocation" message is completely normal.  The cache
itself (as opposed to the interceptor stack) doesn't actually do anything on a
commit() call, so the CallInterceptor just logs the message you see and
discards the call.

Second, when you are comparing your objects, where are you getting them from?
Do you hold a reference to an existing object, or do you get the object from
the cache?  If you put a *different* object in the cache under an existing Fqn,
this doesn't *update* the existing object, it *replaces* it.  Therefore, if
other code holds a reference to the old object, it shouldn't expect to see the
new object's  values.

Example unit test code to illustrate my point:

  | MerchantDailyAccount pojoA = new MerchantDailyAccount(1);
  | cacheA.putObject("/test", pojoA);
  |
  | MerchantDailyAccount pojoB = new MerchantDailyAccount(128);
  | cacheB.putObject("/test", pojoB);
  |
  | // pojoB REPLACED pojoA in the cache, so pojoA should
  | // not have pojoB's dailySpend value
  |
  | assertEquals(1, pojoA.dailySpend);
  |
  | // Get the object from cacheA
  | MerchantDailyAccount replacedA = cacheA.getObject("/test");
  |
  | assertEquals(128, replacedA.dailySpend);
  |
  | // Do an update of the existing object, not a replacement
  | pojoB.setDailySpend(128.5);
  |
  | assertEquals(128.5, replacedA.dailySpend);

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3953831#3953831

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3953831