Also, DataSource is not shared across different VM since DB connection is
bounded to process.
The alternative way is to use JMX connector for DB connection information,
and make a connection to DB to verify it. Here is the code:

import javax.management.ObjectName;
import org.jboss.jmx.interfaces.JMXConnector;
import org.jboss.jmx.client.RMIClientConnectorImpl;

//assuming the test application running on the same machine with JBoss
String host = InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostName();

JMXConnector lConnector = new RMIClientConnectorImpl(host);
ObjectName jdbc = new ObjectName("DefaultDomain:service=JdbcProvider");
String driver = (String) lConnector.getAttribute(jdbc,"Drivers");

// asumming the DataSource JNDI name is "mydb"
ObjectName db = new ObjectName("DefaultDomain:service=XADataSource,n
ame=mydb");
String jdbcURL = (String) lConnector.getAttribute(db,"URL");
String user = (String) lConnector.getAttribute(db,"JDBCUser");
String password = (String) lConnector.getAttribute(db,"Password");

// Connect to the DB with above info to verify it.

Randy