Hi,

I'm using JBoss and Tomcat for my web application.

I have two stateful session ejbs: InsegnamentiEJB and MatDidEJB.

The MatDidEJB is restricted to a security domain, but the other is not.
So I did not specify any method permission in the ejb-jar.xml for the first bean, but
only for the second one:

<assembly-descriptor>
    <security-role>
         <role-name>docente</role-name>
<assembly-descriptor>

<method-permission>
    <role-name>docente</role-name>
    <method>
         <ejb-name>MatDidEJB</ejb-name>
         <method-name>*</method-name>
    </method>
</method-permission>

I want to use the database login module for the authentication of users so I had to
change the standard configurations adding the following jboss.xml:

<jboss> <security-domain>java:/jaas/modulojdbc</security-domain>
</jboss>

where modulojdbc is the JNDI name of the authorization configuration in the auth.conf
file.

Then I have two JSPs: Insegnamenti.jsp and MatDid.jsp.

When the user connects to the first he/she doesn't need to be authenticated and can
access to the related ejb.
On the bottom of the page there is a link to the other jsp and if the user clicks it
he/she must authenticate himself/herself with a login form.

My web.xml contains the following:

<security-constraint>

  <web-resource-collection>
  <web-resource-name>area riservata</web-resource-name>
                   <url-pattern>/MatDid.jsp</url-pattern>
                   <http-method>DELETE</http-method>
                   <http-method>GET</http-method>
                   <http-method>POST</http-method>
                   <http-method>PUT</http-method>
  </web-resource-collection>

  <auth-constraint>
                   <role-name>docente</role-name>
  </auth-constraint>

</security-constraint>

The problem is that when the user connect to the Insegnamenti.jsp and tries to connect
to the InsegnamentiEJB the following exception occurs:

                   javax.servlet.ServletException: checkSecurityAssociation; nested
exception is:
                   java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication exception,
principal=null; nested exception is:
                   java.rmi.RemoteException: checkSecurityAssociation; nested
exception is:
                   java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication exception,
principal=null

It seems that as long as I set the jboss configuration with the jboss.xml, any user
that try to access the beans must be authenticated! WHY?!

How can I restrict the authentication only to ONE particular ejb?

                   PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Thanks in advance

bye