On 2002.02.19 12:27:01 -0500 Stephen Davidson wrote:
> Additional Details;
> When I shut JBoss down and restarted, Ilots of errors occurred.

Does this mean that JBoss is acting inconsistently or that the first time
you started jboss and then deployed your app?
> I have a couple of Jars that either have common base classes, or
> everything else uses (or for some of the EJB-Jar files, both).
> For instance, I have a HRXBaseEJB class that most of the EJB's in all of
> the jars extend, located in a jar HRXCommon.jar.  It uses some EJBs from
> HRXSecurity.jar.  Some of these EJBs extend HRXBaseEJB.
>
> So I set up Class-Path in the MANIFEST.MF files, with appropriate
> settings for each EJB-Jar file.  So far, so good, and generally works in
> Orion.  (They have
> some classloader issues that I seem to trigger with one or two of my Jars
> - they have open bug reports on them and workarounds are available).
>
> When the EAR file is unpacked, the Jar files have a number prepended to
> them, at random, so far as I can determine.  This means that the Jar
> files listed in the
> MANIFEST.MF files DO NOT exist.  For example, HRXCommon.jar is renamed to
> 68.HRXCommon.jar on deployment.  This is causing my application to fail
> to deploy.

I don't think you have much proof of the cause-effect relationship here.
Everything in your ear should be getting into the classloader system,
however it is referenced in your manifests.

> There are 12 EJB-Jar files currently, with about 130 EJBs currently
> deployed, (will eventually be about 50 jars, with well over 500EJBs
> total), so bundling
> everything into one jar is not an option.
>
> How do I work-around/solve this?

some helpful things to do would be:
-try to make a smaller, simpler example that fails
-post the jboss log (preferably with the smaller, simpler example)
-if you can, send me privately the (preferable simplified) ear and I will
take a look.

david jencks