I just downloaded JBoss v.2.4.4 as part of an internal effort to migrate one
of our test servers from another app server to JBoss.  We're using iPlanet
as a web server with JSPs connecting back to the EJBs running on JBoss.

I'm experiencing inordinant difficulty trying to get the EJBs deployed
successfully.  I get no warnings or errors of any kind as JBoss is booting
up and everything appears find and dandy.  However, all attempts to look up
EJBs by their <jndi-name /> have failed horribly with a "<name> not bound"
exception.

Using Sun's JNDI browser, I can't locate anything that resembles an EJB
(seeing only two entries, "UserTransaction" and
"UserTransactionSessionFactory").

Further, I tried to examine it through JNDIView (which claims to start
successfullly), however, nothing is bound to http://localhost:8082, as the
documentation indicates there should be.

Anyone have an idea what stupid thing I'm doing wrong?

Mike