Hi,

On Thursday 07 March 2002 12:34, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Any one had good experience with native FreeBSD 4.5 java 1.3.1 and JBOSS
> 2.4.1???? (i mean not the linux emulation port).

        There are known problems running linux-jdk on FreeBSD with hotspot
        enabled. These problems tend to pop up with anything that uses threads
        heavily, like Tomcat. I would expect JBoss to fall in this category also.

        When running in classic mode (ie. java -classic ....) things work
        OK, but performance is not good. I am using both Linux jdk this
        way and also native FreeBSD jdk (beta) to run Tomcat on small
        systems without any major problems. I would expect
        JBoss to work also OK, there shouldn't be threading problems
        similar to those running on Linux, since classic mode uses
        JVM's internal theads.

                Ari S.