I saw the last postings about minerva pools for linux, and to my
disappointment i didnt see
a plethora of replies that would follow any open source project.
I dont mean to start a holy war over OS's but i think that the same
intuitive biological
rules that govern free software (including linux, *BSD's to name few) would
apply
to Jboss as well, so that the intersection of the communities (linux,jboss
in this case)
would be fairly large.

We are using Jboss 2.4.4 dev (linux), jboss 2.4.3 production (solaris).

We know that solaris has a pretty solid threading implementation, but
unfortunately we must dump production solaris for linux due to the cost,
(and performance, just to say that a celeron can beat the hell out of a
sparc 80 solaris box for the one tenth of the price) .

Windows on the other head seem to perform reasonably with java,
but at least for us the advantages stop just right there.

And the page http://www.jboss.org/online-manual/HTML/ch11s02.html)
that still exists in the site, talks about kernel 2.2!!!

I dont imply anything... but i am wondering.
Well we know
a) Java is write once/run everywhere
b) Your job is to create an excellent j2ee appserver, and not linux debugging,
BUT
we also know that a) is always to be taken a second thought, and
that systems dont have barriers, so it is rather likely that someone tests his
software on the most popular
platforms, and tries to make it run well.

Uncle Sam on your advertisment talks about NOT losing money.
I am sure old Sam would go for linux/FreeBSD!!

P.S.
Any one had good experience with native FreeBSD 4.5 java 1.3.1 and JBOSS 2.4.1???? (i
mean not the linux emulation port).

Thanx and sorry for my english.

Achilleus