This is absolutely essential for my project, since I've been seeing the
NPE as well but have to produce a product that can deploy under WL 6.1
and JB 3.0. I'm in the midst of porting to JB 3.0 with an application
from WL 6.1 and its been quite painful with the various snafus in the
beta 1, beta 2, and (presumably) RC1.

Is there any way around this coming up, without having to construct
multiple EAR files for various vendors (yuck!)? Or, is this the intended
functionality for JB 3.0 now?

James