Ok, so to reiterate, the current (3.0 beta 2) classloader for an EJB
will use whatever it knows about, including jars found in
JBOSS_HOME/lib, right? And, the Verifier Errors I'm seeing on the EJB
side (see previous post from a few hours ago) are more than likely a
conflict from the EJB I've deployed requiring the newer log4j jar but
not getting it, right?

As for Log4j 1.2 in JBoss, we are using 1.2 beta 3 and here is the
failure during the early startup of Jboss:

    [spawn]      [java] 21:16:19,031 ERROR [Server] start failed
    [spawn]      [java] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
    [spawn]      [java]         at
org.jboss.logging.Logger.isDebugEnabled(Logger.java:97)
    [spawn]      [java]         at
org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.initBootLibraries(ServerImpl.java:349
)
    [spawn]      [java] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
    [spawn]      [java]         at
org.jboss.logging.Logger.isDebugEnabled(Logger.java:97)
    [spawn]      [java]         at
org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.doStart(ServerImpl.java:249)
    [spawn]          [java]     at
org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:208)
    [spawn]      [java]         at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:138)
    [spawn]      [java]         at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:371)
    [spawn]      [java]         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
    [spawn]      [java]         at
org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:208)
    [spawn]      [java]         at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:138)
    [spawn]      [java]         at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:371)
    [spawn]      [java]         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
    [spawn]

So, looks like an upgrade would require some time to work through any
differences in API changes.

James