Georg,

You read my email wrong.  All I wanted to know was that this is a
problem for Oracle because it doesn't understand the SQL 92 keywords
true and false, and I needed to know what to do about it.

I simply can't handle reading 3 pages of text to tell me that we need a
0/1 mapping.  I was in San Franscisco all of last week and spent
yesterday reading over 1000 emails and postings, so cut me a little slack.

Now that there is a but report, this is on my todo list, and I'll get to
it when I can.  If you want to write a patch, I will be more then happy
to apply it.

-dain

Georg Schmid wrote:

> Dain,
>
> this is a quite obvious bug (if you ever tried to select on a boolean EB
> field backed by
> an Oracle table), so why are you so cool about it??
>
> I have a EB with a mostRecent boolean field, and because of this bug
> there is no way
> to make a custom finder like
>
> select object(myEB)
>   from MyEBTable
>  where myEB.mostRecent = true
>
> work.
>
> Please don't get into the habit of thinking your users are idiots...
>
> --- five lines of additional rant suppressed --
>
> Georg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dain Sundstrom
Chief Architect, JBossCMP