What do you mean by "does not release memory"?  You should never have to
restart the machine, this is completely unnecessary.  Just kill the java
process that is running JBoss.  If your application is not shutting down
cleanly, think about any threads that you may be creating, esp things like
java.util.Timer or interaction with the JMX Timer service.  If necessary,
you can run a debugger to see where the threads are waiting.

Paul