I have never tried the FBManager on windows.  Is the .gdb file created
properly?  Can you access the windows db with isql?

It's hard for me to help much with windows since I don't use it.  Some
people have succeeded in at least running the firebird driver in windows,
I'm not so sure about with jboss.  You might also want to post on the
firebird-java list on yahoogroups.

Thanks
david jencks