Theorically, I'm using an embedded Tomcat and I'm
aware
of the local/remote interface problems.
But it seems I don't use it properly :(
I have no working example.
Now my code is as follow:

public void setSessionContext(
                        SessionContext sessionContext
)
{
    try
    {
        Context namingContext = new
                   javax.naming.InitialContext();

        sequenceSessionLocal = (
            (SequenceSessionLocalHome)
              namingContext.lookup(
               "myrpg-atlas/SequenceSession" )
        ).create();

        userLocalHome = (UserLocalHome)
            namingContext.lookup( "myrpg-atlas/User"
);
    }
    catch( CreateException ce )
    {
        throw new EJBException( ce );
    }
    catch( NamingException ne )
    {
        throw new EJBException( ne );
    }
}

But I encounter the exception:
java.rmi.ServerException: $Proxy42; nested exception
is:
        java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy42
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:119)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy42
        at
org.myrpg.atlas.ejb.UserSessionBean.setSessionContext(UserSessionBean.java:72)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionEnterpriseContext.(StatelessSessionEnterpriseContext.java:47)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstancePool.create(StatelessSessionInstancePool.java:61)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractInstancePool.get(AbstractInstancePool.java:208)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:63)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:96)

any clue?

tia,
wondersonic

 --- Wim Praet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit : > If
you are using embedded tomcat, you should not set
> context like
>

>           Properties props =
> (Properties)System.getProperties().clone();
>           props.setProperty(
> "java.naming.factory.initial",
> "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory" );
>           props.setProperty(
> "java.naming.provider.url","jnp://localhost:1099" );
>           props.setProperty(

"java.naming.factory.url.pkgs","org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces"