Aarrghh !

Sorry, mate - can't help you - I do the Jetty integration...

Jetty will query JBossSX (via RealmMapping.doesUserHaveRole()) every
time that it makes an isUserInRole() call. However I cannot answer for
Tomcat. Your best bet is to have a quick look at the source. I think
this is it here....

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/jboss/contrib/catalina/src/main/org/jboss/web/catalina/security/JBossSecurityMgrRealm.java?rev=1.4&only_with_tag=JBoss_3_0_0&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Good luck,

Jules