On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 02:23:28PM +0100, Jules Gosnell wrote:
> Aarrghh !
>
> Sorry, mate - can't help you - I do the Jetty integration...
>
> Jetty will query JBossSX (via RealmMapping.doesUserHaveRole()) every
> time that it makes an isUserInRole() call. However I cannot answer for
> Tomcat. Your best bet is to have a quick look at the source. I think
> this is it here....

Just tried the JBoss 3 final + Jetty package, and the same thing
happens: once the user is logged on to the site, their roles are not
checked again in the underlying database.

Perhaps it would be useful to explain what I'd like to
do. Essentially, I've implemented User and Group EJBs. These are used
to allow a web based CMS (running in JBoss and $web_container) to
modify the underlying tables, which also happen to provide the Role
mappings.

If someone is already logged into the site and their rights are
modified in some way (perhaps being put in the "Editor" role/group, or
removed from the "Admin" role/group) I'd like those changes to be
reflected straight away in calls to request.isUserInRole() Obviously,
I could just check my own Group class (which is what I'm now doing)
but it would have been nice to use the J2EE mandated Roles.

Regards,

Simon

--
Actually Perl *can* be a Bondage & Discipline language but it's unique
among such languages in that it lets you use safe words.