Jerry and Dain,
You might want to try our workaround.
We have 2 entities A and B. A's primary key is also a foreign key to B. There is a 1-1 or 1- zero or one relationship between A and B.
I implemented an ejbSelectB() method in A, and then called this from A.getB(). Because the foreign key is also the primary key, the relationship between A and B, once set up can't be changed, i.e. it is a read-only relationship.

The nice thing about this workaround is that it is very easy to program, and it leaves client code of A the same.

Hope this helps,
Jonathan O'Connor
Ph: +353 1 872 3305
Mob: +353 86 824 9736