----- Original Message -----
From: "Jules Gosnell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 4:09 PM
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] Showstopper Undeploy Problem??

> Frank Morton wrote:
> > More detail that may change your mind on the diagnosis.
> > In addition to a jsp directory containing .jsp files, there
> > were other directories, such as "graphics" and "css" that
> > also did not show when looking at the content through
> > the browser that were deployed as part of the same
> > .war file. Restart jboss and everything is back leaving
> > absolutely everything alone (ie, deploying the same .war
> > file without replacing it).
> >
> > Different?
> >
> Jules Gosnell wrote:
>
> No.
>
> Restarting JBoss would redeploy every app to Jetty, which would rebuild
> any temporary caches on disk.
>
> Simply touching the webapp that is displaying the problem would probably
> have the same effect, since it would redeploy it.
>
> when you say "jsp directory created by deploying the .war file" exactly
> which directory are you talkng about ?

I am deploying the application as a .war file. In the .war file are
the following directories:

WEB-INF
css
graphics
jsp
properties
template
tmp

Deploying the application works fine for a number of days, then
suddenly 404 errors start coming up.

The "jsp" directory contains all the .jsp files. When this condition
occurs (ie, the 404 errors), if you look at the contents of the jsp
directory through the browser, last time all .jsp files were gone
with the exception of one. Additionally, a directory "include"
within the jsp directory was also "missing" about half the files
it normally contains.

I later also noticed that the other directories, like "graphics" were
also not showing.

Restart jboss and all is ok again without any other changes.

This has happened two times now in about 3 weeks.

Since non-jsp files were also disappearing, that is what made me
think it was more of a jboss/jetty issue and not a jsp specific issue.
I don't see how precompiling jsp files would help graphics files
from being undeployed.

Thanks for your help. This one is a little unnerving.

Frank