On Tuesday 27 August 2002 10:14, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to use specific xml parser (xerces) in one of my .ear instead of
> embedded jboss parser (crimson). Is it possible, packaging xerces
> .jar files in my own .war ? Is there anything special to do for correct
> deploying and how can I be sure (at runtime) that xerces is used ?
>
> Another solution would be to define xerces as default xml parser for
> jboss, but I don't know how to achieve this...

I replaced crimson with xerces for my JBoss installation. I remember some
rumours that xerces might not work in some situations, but i had no problems
so far. Here is the recipe:

- remove or rename crimson.jar in $JBOSS/lib
- put xml-apis.jar and xercesImpl.jar in $JBOSS/lib
- tweak your run.sh script:

# Add the XML parser jars and set the JAXP factory names
# Crimson parser JAXP setup(default)
#
# JBoss defaults (use Crimson as DOM/SAX impl.)
#
#JBOSS_CLASSPATH=$JBOSS_CLASSPATH:../lib/crimson.jar
#JAXP="-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl"
#JAXP="$JAXP
-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl"

#
# Use xerces instead
#
JBOSS_CLASSPATH=$JBOSS_CLASSPATH:../lib/xercesImpl.jar:../lib/xml-apis.jar
JAXP="-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl"
JAXP="$JAXP
-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl"

HTH
Andreas