Hey,

What version of JBoss are you running ?
If it is the 2.4.x release :
make the following changes to define xerces-2.0.0 as the default xml
parser for jboss

1. add the xercesImpl.jar and xmlParserAPIs.jar files to
JBOSS_HOME/jboss/lib

in run.sh change :
JBOSS_CLASSPATH=$JBOSS_CLASSPATH:../lib/crimson.jar
JAXP=-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
JAXP="$JAXP
-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl"

into :
JBOSS_CLASSPATH=$JBOSS_CLASSPATH:../lib/xercesImpl.jar:../lib/xmlParserApis.jar
JAXP=-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
JAXP="$JAXP
-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl"

Werner

Sebastien CHAUSSON wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'd like to use specific xml parser (xerces) in one of my .ear instead of
>
> embedded jboss parser (crimson). Is it possible, packaging xerces
>
> .jar files in my own .war ? Is there anything special to do for correct
>
> deploying and how can I be sure (at runtime) that xerces is used ?
>

> Another solution would be to define xerces as default xml parser for
>
> jboss, but I don't know how to achieve this...
>

> TIA,
>

> Sebastien CHAUSSON

ir. Werner Ramaekers
Enterprise Java Solutions Architect - Shift@