> I think he's talking about getting JBossCMP to generate a
> 'CREATE INDEX'
> statement at the time of table creation, to optimize the
> database end of
> the finder.
>
> speculation, but that's something I'd want. Except that it
> never occured
> to me and I always just added the indexes manually. Oh, well.

That's exactly what I want.  CMP is handling the creation
of the tables and appropriate accesses but it does not seem
to be indexing the fields used in finders.

I know this is not part of EJBQL but then I never expected
it to be, after all its job is to specify the finder logic
not the implementation details.  This is CMP engine specific,
something which helps the particular CMP engine to execute
the finder quickly.

Do I understand from the rest of the thread that this is not
currently possible with JBossCMP?  If so, is there any interest
in having it added?  I'm willing to give it a go if the person
responsible for JBossCMP is available to bounce ideas off.
Is that you Dain?

        Kev

Kevin Conner
Orchard Information Systems Limited
Newcastle Technopole, Kings Manor
Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 6PA. United Kingdom
Registered in England, Number 1900078
Tel: +44 (0) 191-2032536  Fax: +44 (0) 191 2302515