Hi!

I want to keep all deployed apps in a single location on our network and
start up multiple (non-clustered) JBoss instances that deploy the apps from
HTTP URLs.  I know this is *possible* with JBoss however...

1. Is it recommended?
If not, why?
If so, what are some "gotchas" to look out for, tune, etc.?

2. Does it work well with expanded web apps, or should I only use archived
.wars?
3. What affect does the URL deployment scanner time have on this type of
deployment?
4. I have no need for session replication, fail-over, just load-balancing.
Any recommendations on sticky IP routing software with Apache to ensure
requests are routed/load-balanced across the separate JBoss-Tomcat servers?

Jason