Here are the results of my findings for HTTP deployment using the supplied
URLDeploymentScanner and URLDirectoryScanner classes.

URLDeploymentScanner
--------------------
- No scanning.  Must use a exact, comma-delimited list of URLs to the
applications.
- "hot" redeploy works
- "hot" undeploy works, but only 50%.  After undeploy, URLDeploymentScanner
tries to deploy each URL in the list, and if the app is gone, it logs errors
continually.
- No "hot" deploy of new apps.  You have to shutdown server, and change list
of deployed applications, &restart.
- Cannot use expanded applications (e.g., no default web apps).  Logs errors
saying ZipException blah, blah...

URLDirectoryScanner
--------------------
- No scanning. Must use a exact list of URLs to the applications.
- "hot" redeploy works
- No "hot" deploy of new apps.  You have to shutdown server, and change list
of deployed applications, &restart.
- "hot" undeploy works 100%.  If the app in the URL list does not exist,
URLDirectoryScanner will not error out like URLDeploymentScanner.
- Cannot use expanded applications, but logs no errors (different from
URLDeploymentScanner)

I have not tried the farm deployment option yet, nor the JMX Ant task.

After experimenting so far, I think pointing multiple JBoss Servers to a
shared network drive /deploy directory is a better option than using the
HTTP deployment capability. Of course, assuming you have the option of using
a shared drive to keep a single copy of your applications. Since the shared
drive would be a single point of failure, this is a toughie to swallow too.

Jason