On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 19:15, Bill Burke wrote:
> What I've been saying all along...
>
> "People have been building Web services under different names for 20 or 30
> years," he explains. "We've been building distributed systems for years out
> using CORBA and RMI and all of that."

Except of course for the fact that the "Web" hasn't existed for 20 or 30 years.
It is true that distributed computing has been around for a long time,
but Web services are definitely a new approach to the problem.  The
marketing machine behind it should make it far more widespread than
previous efforts and that is IMHO a good thing.

--
Peter Beck BEng (hons)  - Managing Director, Electrostrata Ltd.
http://www.electrostrata.com  --+-+-+-+--  Experts in e-business and