No, obviously you would never need to login twice in a row. I just thought you could use your own login module _instead_ of the ClientLoginModule, which you cannot.

That surprises me since if my MBean logs in using my custom JAAS module and succeed there is no reason for JBoss to deny me access to my EJBs. If a Swing client can log in using my custom JAAS module, I think it is reasonable to expect that an MBean can aswell – the way I see it, the Swing client and the MBean are just two separate clients of the EJBs, so why should they be treated differently… ideally speaking?

Randahl

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Scott M Stark
Sent: 3. oktober 2002 00:34
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] How to log in from an MBean

You can use your own login module, but to propagate the credentials to the ejb

container you must include the ClientLoginModule as well. Presumably the

security domain associated with the ejb is also executing your login module

so why do it twice?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Scott Stark
Chief Technology Officer