On 2002.10.08 16:51:47 -0400 "Schnitzer, Jeff" wrote:
> That's good to know.  Unfortunately this application is deployed to
> several different environments (dev, qa, production) each of which must
> connect to a completely different database.  I can't really put
> oracle-service.xml in the ear.

Why not?  Include a replaceable token in your source oracle-service.xml
file, and replace it with ant copy+filtering to the appropriate db.  You
need to do something like this anyway to get the different dbs, why not do
it before constructing the .ear.  You can include something about option in
the name of the .ear to avoid confusion about what you are dealing with.

david jencks