From: Greg Turner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 7:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] Jetty Question

Thanks, buts its not a Struts specific thing.

Its something that should be in the Html spec, and I am wanting to know if
Jetty is doing the correct thing according to the Html spec.

According to one Html reference, I found on the web, the action is a URI.
URIs can be absolute, or relative.

An absolute URI can be something like action= "http://www.....";
<http://www.....>    So its obvious we are dealing with the relative
situation.

Greg

Dmitri Colebatch wrote:

This is really a struts question, but I'll have a go...

In a form element,

<form method="post" name="Form0" action="/Foo">

should the action value have a preceeding "/" as I have written here.

It appears, that if the "/" is there, Jetty does not pick up any of the

request parameters submitted by the form.  If it is not there, then the

request parameters are picked up.   By picked up, I mean

HttpServletRequest.getParameter (<param name>) returns the correct value.

the action should correspond to the _name_ of the action in

struts-config.xml (in this case, I'm guessing "Foo").  Its not a path value,

and so shouldn't have the '/'

Or is this a bug with my web browser that is submitting the form,

Netscape 7.0 on Win2000?

the behaviour seems reasonable to me.

cheers

dim

$1,000 for every account that you consolidate with us.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4749864;7604308;v
<http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4749864;7604308;v> ?

http://www.viaverio.com/consolidator/osdn.cfm
<http://www.viaverio.com/consolidator/osdn.cfm>

Greg Turner, JBoss Authorized Consultant

Tiburon Enterprise Systems

http://www.tiburon-e-systems.com <http://www.tiburon-e-systems.com>

Box 1171

Tiburon, CA 94920