I think there is a very simple solution to this which is much safer.
Instead of triggering threads off in your class, move the thread body
into a MDB and then simply send several messages from your session bean.

The MDB will enable your code to run asynchronously which is probably
the effect you are trying to achieve.

--
Peter Beck BEng (hons)  - Managing Director, Electrostrata Ltd.
http://www.electrostrata.com  --+-+--  Experts in e-business and