Make sure you are changing the right
login-config.xml (all or default or minimal).
One way to do that is to rename all other
setups that you are not using.
I am using 'default', so I renamed all the
rest, just to make sure nothing from there
is getting loaded, since it is not very
clear from run.sh which one is being called.

drwxrwxrwx    5 otis     otis         4096
Nov  2 20:55 all.orig
drwxrwxrwx    8 otis     otis         4096
Nov  4 16:47 default
drwxrwxrwx    5 otis     otis         4096
Nov  2 20:56 minimal.orig

Otis

---- On Wed, 06 Nov 2002, Keene Hammond
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> I removed all of the realms from the
login-config.xml except the LdapLogin Module and
> still all default realms are loaded and my
ldap realm is nowhere to be found.
> I am unable to change the default realms,
was this working on any previous 3.x jboss?
> I was ok when using the auth.conf file in
Jboss 2.4.3... But it does not workin JBoss
> 3.0.3 either.
> I see one other person is having a similar
problem today. Anyone else? Any ideas?
> -Keene
>
> Keene Hammond wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am unable to create a new security
realm using the LdapLoginModule. I
> > would appreciate some help configuring a
new realm to point to a LDAP
> > directory server.
> >
> > OS: XP pro SP1
> > JDK: 1.4.1_01
> > JBoss: 3.0.3
> >
> > snippet from login-config.xml
> >
> > <!-- Internal Directory Service
Authentication -->
> >    <application-policy name = "ldap">
> >       <authentication>
> >          <login-module code =

"org.jboss.security.auth.spi.LdapLoginModule"
flag = "required">
> >             <module-option

name="java.naming.factory.initial">com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory</module-option>

> >             <module-option

name="java.naming.security.authentication">simple</module-option>
> >             <module-option
name="principleDNPrefix">uid=</module-option>

> >             <module-option
name="principleDNSuffix">,ou=People,
> > o=Paychex Inc, c=US</module-option>
> >             <module-option

name="uidAttributeID">uniqueMember</module-option>
> >             <module-option
name="roleAttributeID">cn</module-option>
> >             <module-option
name="rolesCtxDN">ou=Groups,o=Paychex
> > Inc,c=US</module-option>
> >             <module-option
name="matchOnUserDN">true</module-option>
> >             <module-option

name="unauthenticatedIdentity">nobody</module-option>
> >             <module-option

name="java.naming.provider.url">ldap://testldap.paychex.com:389/</module-option>

> >          </login-module>
> >       </authentication>
> >    </application-policy>
> >
> > This is what I get:
> > java: Namespace
> >
> >    +- jaas (class: javax.naming.Context)
> >    |   +- other (class:

org.jboss.security.plugins.SecurityDomainContext)
> >    |   +- JmsXARealm (class:

org.jboss.security.plugins.SecurityDomainContext)
> >    |   +- jbossmq (class:

org.jboss.security.plugins.SecurityDomainContext)
> >    |   +- http-invoker (class:

org.jboss.security.plugins.SecurityDomainContext)
> >    +- wtgDS (class:

org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalDataSource)

> > I have also tried to use the old
auth.conf as well without success.
> > Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
> > -Keene