I have also had a lot of trouble using the LdapLoginModule
successfully.  I finally decided to roll my own implementation because
I couldn't hardly read the code from the source distro ;-)

I also had a problem with the method by which the searches were being
performed, specifically, that my roles weren't being returned from
Domino LDAP using the method of searching currently in the source.  I
changed it to use SearchControls and all is well.

Jon Brisbin

--- Keene Hammond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I removed all of the realms from the login-config.xml except the
> LdapLogin Module and
> still all default realms are loaded and my ldap realm is nowhere to
> be found.
> I am unable to change the default realms, was this working on any
> previous 3.x jboss?
> I was ok when using the auth.conf file in Jboss 2.4.3... But it does
> not workin JBoss
> 3.0.3 either.
> I see one other person is having a similar problem today. Anyone
> else? Any ideas?
> -Keene
>
> Keene Hammond wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am unable to create a new security realm using the
> LdapLoginModule. I
> > would appreciate some help configuring a new realm to point to a
> LDAP
> > directory server.
> >
> > OS: XP pro SP1
> > JDK: 1.4.1_01
> > JBoss: 3.0.3
> >
> > snippet from login-config.xml
> >
> > <!-- Internal Directory Service Authentication -->
> >    <application-policy name = "ldap">
> >       <authentication>
> >          <login-module code =
> > "org.jboss.security.auth.spi.LdapLoginModule" flag = "required">
> >             <module-option

name="java.naming.factory.initial">com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory</module-option>

> >             <module-option
> > name="java.naming.security.authentication">simple</module-option>
> >             <module-option
> name="principleDNPrefix">uid=</module-option>
> >
> >             <module-option name="principleDNSuffix">,ou=People,
> > o=Paychex Inc, c=US</module-option>
> >             <module-option
> > name="uidAttributeID">uniqueMember</module-option>
> >             <module-option
> name="roleAttributeID">cn</module-option>
> >             <module-option name="rolesCtxDN">ou=Groups,o=Paychex
> > Inc,c=US</module-option>
> >             <module-option
> name="matchOnUserDN">true</module-option>
> >             <module-option
> > name="unauthenticatedIdentity">nobody</module-option>
> >             <module-option

name="java.naming.provider.url">ldap://testldap.paychex.com:389/</module-option>

> >          </login-module>
> >       </authentication>
> >    </application-policy>
> >
> > This is what I get:
> > java: Namespace
> >
> >    +- jaas (class: javax.naming.Context)
> >    |   +- other (class:
> > org.jboss.security.plugins.SecurityDomainContext)
> >    |   +- JmsXARealm (class:
> > org.jboss.security.plugins.SecurityDomainContext)
> >    |   +- jbossmq (class:
> > org.jboss.security.plugins.SecurityDomainContext)
> >    |   +- http-invoker (class:
> > org.jboss.security.plugins.SecurityDomainContext)
> >    +- wtgDS (class:
> > org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalDataSource)
> >
> > I have also tried to use the old auth.conf as well without success.
> > Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
> > -Keene

=====
Thanks!