So this means you do need a jndi.properties file in the classpath when
running the client?

After even more research, I found out that the jndi.properties file in
the server/default/conf directory isn't right... It seems you need a
line like this as well:

java.naming.provider.url=localhost

As for the classpath, it seems you need the client/jbossall-client.jar
to be included as well, and then the client will run...

Is there a place where this is explained? I mean, I found out about all
this just browsing the web, but isn't there some simple document about
"running my first ejb client" or something?

Thanks,

Hans