JSP's need to be compiled to a servlet prior to running.  My guess is if
you java home variable is set to the jre (/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0/jre or
so) there is no java compiler under that path.  Install the full SDK (if
you haven't) and point your java_home variable to the there so it will
find $JAVA_HOME/bin/javac.  The web container will then use javac to
automatically compile your jsp pages when they are first loaded.

There is a way to precompile JSP so you can run your web container on
the jre, I unfortunately can't remember how that works now...

Hope this helps,
-Eric

On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 01:42, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have some problem when run application on Linux. I was able to start
> JBoss and deploy the application. But facing the problem when try to call
> the jsp page, return nothing. But when I change JRE to version 1.3, it able
> to run without any problem.
>
> Server spec:
> Linux RedHat 8.0
> JBoss 3.0.4
> JRE 1.4
>
> Does anybody have expience about this kind of problem, how to fix it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Phuwarin

Eric Klimas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>