You are problably redeploying jars that are out of the scope of the ear.
The JVM cache's the orginal and then when the jar is deployed there are
two copies. I would suggest that all of the jars/ejbs that are required
for the test are in the ear. My application.xml looks like this ( the cactus and junit
could
prop. go in the lib dir but I do not like poluting those directories )

<application>
    <display-name>Rns Test</display-name>

    <module>
      <web>
         <web-uri>rnsTest.war</web-uri>
         <context-root>/import/rns/tests</context-root>
       </web>
    </module>
    <module>
         <java>cactus.jar</java>