Absolutely.  The current deployer works off a list of URLs.  Its initially configured with one URL, a file type URL pointing to the deploy directory.  You have two options.  Go into jmx console and add a URL to the list in the URLDeploymentScanner, - but that method does not persist what you change.  Alternatively, you can stop JBoss, and add URL to list in the config for URLDeploymentScanner in conf/jboss-service.xml

FLYNN, Peter -Syntegra UK wrote:
Remote deployment of SARS/JARS/WARS

Hi,

Is there a service, which I can access from jmx-console, in which I can deploy from a remote server, automatically download the archive and install it on the JBOSS server?

Is this approach possible?  Or do I have to develop a deployment service to provide this?

Regards,
Peter

This email may contain information which is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender immediately and delete it without reading, copying, storing, forwarding or disclosing its contents to any other person
Thank you

Check us out at http://www.syntegra.com

Greg Turner, JBoss Authorized Consultant

Tiburon Enterprise Systems
http://www.tiburon-e-systems.com
Box 1171
Tiburon, CA 94920