On 2002.12.19 12:31:18 -0500 "FLYNN, Peter -Syntegra UK" wrote:
> Thanks David,
>
> The MainDeployer starts up and loads the class, but I guess its class

Actually it makes a local copy of packages in the jboss tmp directory.  You
can see them there.

> Is there a way to deploy and save this deployed service in to the JBOSS
> installation?

not at the moment.

> If it was saved locally then when JBOSS was restarted it could recover
> all
> of these deployed applications.
> This would also mean it could still work if the web server was down for
> any
> reason.

Normally I've thought of the  location of the web package-server as being a
lightweight machine controlling large numbers of jboss instances, but you
are correct.  However there are apt to be plenty of other problems before
you get to this one: I think to make this work you need to base the jboss
start up on the mbean state saved before it shut down rather than on
undeploying on shutdown/redeploying on startup as it is today.

david jencks