We are missing support for SUM and COUNT sql-function as well as
subqueries in CMP, which hibernate have. This has forced us into using
pure sql for this part to get it reasonable fast.

Also you don't need all dataobjects and interfaces in hibernate, so we
should try it soon, nut it would be nice too see a performance comparison with CMP,
hibernate, JDO and OJB. We are not satisfied with whe performance of CMP and only pure
SQL had probably have been faster (although jboss is supposed to have cache).

--
Marius Kotsbak
Boost communications AS