On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 19:43, Allan Kamau wrote:
> I am experiencing problems running JBoss-3.0.4 using
> PostgreSQL-7.3 as the database for CMP. It appears
> PostgreSQL-7.3 doesn't understand "show xactisolevel"
> command (which is been sent to it by JBoss) unlike
> PostgreSQL-7.2.x. I've deployed the latest jdbc driver
> for PostgreSQL-7.3 from jdbc.postgres.org. but the
> query "show xactisolevel"  is still being passed on to
> the DB causing postgres to throw an error.

You must have another copy of the driver somewhere. I had this problem
and replacing the driver with the 7.3 version from the postrgresql site
sis the trick

> I don't get any such problems while I use
> PostgreSQL-7.2.3 as "show xactisolevel" is a valid
> PostgresSQL-7.2.x command.

> Now my question is there a way to possibly through one
> of the configuration .xmls in JBoss that I can make
> JBoss not pass this query to the backend and instead
> pass a PostgreSQL-7.3.x alternative to this query?
> Or how as/can this situation be solved.

I'm not sure it's jboss. I think it's in the driver, as I said replacing
the driver fixed it for me. Here's the checksum.

30f050e02bdbdb60641ad10c3699b4db  postgresql.jar

> Thank you.
>
> Allan.

-k.