hey all,
I'm doing some testing on my application, and having some issues with the JMS service.

I have an EJB application with a web client, all deployed as a single .ear file. The application processes requests and posts messages to a single JMS queue.

On another server, I have a MBean with a single thread that blocks for a message on the queue. If there are any problems with attaching to the queue, the thread will periodically retry.

I've been doing tests that involve taking one server or the other down & bringing it back up. Everything is ok if I take the application server down & bring it back up. The MBean reconnects to the queue and life goes on.

However, if I kill the MBean, the queue seems to become entirely unusuable. Naming lookups fail on both servers, yet the queue's destination MBean still exists on the server. If I try to recreate the queue, it says it already exists. The application behaves fine otherwise. The only way to get the app running again is to kill JBoss and restart the app server. At that point, the MBean will reconnect and process messages.

Has anybody else seen this behavior?

I'm using JBoss 3.0.4 on JVM 1.4.1 on Linux.

Thanks,
gary.