hey - changed the server jndi.properties from localhost to my machine IP,
and a client on the _same_ machine can connect with the server using the
ip...  before, i could only connect to localhost.

i still catch the following rmi exception on the hp machine, trying to call
remotely to the ip of the server win machine:

client call:

accountFacadeHome home = (accountFacadeHome)
PortableRemoteObject.narrow(objref, accountFacadeHome.class);

exception caught:

javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is
java.io.InterruptedIOException: Receive timed out]

however, i can telnet to the win machine:

~/tmp/jboss [126]> telnet 10.x07.33.21y 1099
Trying...
Connected to 10.x07.33.21y.
Escape character is '^]'.
¬ísrjava.rmi.MarshalledObject|½ícü>IhashlocBytest[BobjBytesq~xpK{ur[B¬óTàxp(
¬íthttp://wmadh-2167:8083/q~q~uq~Ĭísr
org.jnp.server.NamingServer_Stubxrjava.rmi.server.RemoteStubéþÜÉáexrjava.rmi
.server.RemoteObjectÓa´
                          a3xpw8
10.x07.33.2yæ'6óSBn=xConnection closed by foreign host.

i think this is progress from yesterday...  any ideas on what i have so far,
and what i need to do to make things work...

wow!  matt hanson!