Okay, thanks for the tips.

I have deployed the apps to the destination but still I can`t get the
reference to the bean.

Again, here is the directory list:

bs.ear
|-- META-INF
|   `-- application.xml
|-- bs-ejb.jar
|   |-- META-INF
|   |   `-- ejb-jar.xml
|   `-- test
|       |-- Handler.class
|       |-- HandlerBean.class
|       `-- HandlerHome.class
|-- bs-web.war
|   |-- WEB-INF
|   |   `-- web.xml
|   |-- index.html
|   `-- test.jsp
`-- lib
    `-- test -> ../bs-ejb.jar/test
#####

and here is a snip from the logs:

[MainDeployer] Starting deployment of package:
file:/usr/local/jboss-3.0.6/server/default/deploy/bs.ear/
[EARDeployer] Init J2EE application:
file:/usr/local/jboss-3.0.6/server/default/deploy/bs.ear/
[EjbModule] Creating
[EjbModule] Deploying HandlerBean
[EjbModule] Created
[EjbModule] Starting
[HandlerBean] Table 'HANDLERBEAN' already exists
[EjbModule] Started
[Manager] cloning Manager: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[JBossWebApplicationContext] setDistributableSessionManager [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[jbossweb] Registered jboss.web:Jetty=0,JBossWebApplicationContext=2,context=/bs
[jbossweb] Started
WebApplicationContext[/bs,file:/usr/local/jboss-3.0.6/server/default/deploy/bs.ear/bs-web.war/]
[jbossweb] successfully deployed
file:/usr/local/jboss-3.0.6/server/default/deploy/bs.ear/bs-web.war/ to /bs
[MainDeployer] Deployed package:
file:/usr/local/jboss-3.0.6/server/default/deploy/bs.ear/

So, the bean is finally deploying.
However the jsp can`t see it:

################

<%
                HandlerHome home;

                try
                {

                InitialContext initial = new InitialContext();
                getServletContext().log("Got context");

                home = (HandlerHome) initial.lookup("HandlerBean");
               getServletContext().log("Got reference");
                }
                catch (NamingException e)
                {
                        getServletContext().log("Naming Exception
"+System.currentTimeMillis(),
                                                                e.fillInStackTrace());
                }

%>

I didn`t post the dtds because the logs is pretty obvious. As you can
see there is no jboss*.xml so the mapping should be straight forward -
however the seeking doesn`t work.

Where`s the glitch?

--
Thanks,
 costin                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]