What triggers the trigger? Can you not create a stateless session bean that uses JDBC
to read/write to the database and sends JMS messages? If you (properly ;-) did that,
EJB container would automatically coordinate transactions between JDBC and JMS. I
though that was the whole point on EJBs.

> > > I am not a database person and am porting old code into jboss
> > > 3 where I am
> > > trying to do it properly (the old code talked directly to the
> > > JDBC driver and got
> > > it's own connections, no connection pool). I am assuming the
> > > code that wants the
> > > XAConnection is the right way for doing this.
> >
> > No, it's not. Container takes care of pooling and low-level
> transaction
> > management.
>
> What container? I'm asking a resource adapter for a
> connection to a database.
> If the RA supports connections with XA transactions,
> shouldn't it be able to
> return XAConnections? This is not EJB stuff, it is an
> application using a
> resource adapter.
Sorry, I did not understand you were talking about using RA directly from the client.
I might be wrong but I do not think JBoss currently supports "non-managed" part of the
JCA spec. Can you explain in more details what you are doing and why do you need
access to "raw" connection factory?

Igor.