As far as I understand matters, one is supposed to use the
ClientLoginModule to login at the client side. The module
does not authenticate the user but only stores the user/passwords
credentials. At a remote method invocation the JBoss client libraries
use the stored credentials and pass it to the server as part of the
request.

Then at the server side the SecurityInterceptor takes the credentials
and does its own JAAS thing (in my case using the UserRolesLoginModule
(which does lookups in conf/users.properties and conf/roles.properties).

I still got some outstanding issues with storing the credentials (at the
client side) on a per thread or per instance basis, but I'm working on
understanding that issue too...

++Jos.nl

And thus it came to pass that Ionel Gardais wrote:
(on Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 11:09:40AM +0200 to be exact)

> Hi again,
>
> i made another test : i changed the "other" security domain to use the
> DatabaseLoginModule and my datasource to get Principales and Roles.
> it works and I can create a login context and call login() correctly.
>
> I am still facing a problem : this login context created is not used to
> call the session's methods.
> I am loging in without problem but when I'm calling the method, I get an
> AuthenticationException principal = null
>

> I don't know what to do, I'm really lost !
>
> any help is welcome ...
>
> thanks,
> ionel

I have my fears, but they don't have me...