Come on, hasn't anybody encountered this problem yet? Tell me that friday afternoon is not a good time to ask technical questions, but don't tell me this... Searching for "Invalid invocation" in the list archive doesn't yield anything useful, google gives some very short reply message that doesn't help much, so...

Stefan Puiu wrote:

Hello list,

I'm using the Sun 1.4.1 JDK, JBoss 3.0.4 on a Mandrake Linux 9.0 box.

Now there's the following scenario: I deploy say package <x>, I run the tests from my build.xml file (using one of junit's TestRunners), then I undeploy and deploy back package <x> (or simply copy the ear over the old one in $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy). I try to run the tests again, but I get "Invalid invocation, check your deployment packaging" error (if I only do deploy-undeploy-deploy the tests run, if I do deploy-test-undeploy-deploy they don't). Which brings me to what seems to be the problem, JUnitEJB, which a work mate used based on examples in JBossCMP. There doesn't seem to be any documentation about it and I have a hard time understanding how it runs (if JUnitEJB is the problem here, and I think it is). If it includes a session bean (EJBTestRunner), why do you need to call the JUnit TestRunner to run the tests? Do I need to put the junit and junitejb packages in my .ear files (like in the JBossCMP example)? What are we doing wrong?