Unchecked in JBoss does not mean anonymous by default. A caller still must be authenticated, but there will be no authorization check. If you want to allow anonymous access to an unchecked ejb you need to configure the security domain login modules to allow this. Most JBoss login modules support this using the unauthenticatedIdentity module option so read up on that.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Scott Stark
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sebastian Hauer wrote:

Hi,

I was just having a problem with the in EJB 2.0 introduced <unchecked />
role for method permissions in JBoss 3.0.x.
I have an mbean which needs to make a bean call, due to the fact that
the mbean has no caller principal associated with it I can not make this
bean call until it has a security domain set in jboss.xml.  This is the
first time I am using <unchecked /> and maybe it is not a good idea to
use it anyway but I was wondering if I am possibly doing something wrong
or if this is a bug in JBoss.

Here is my dd for this bean:

<?xml version="1.0" ?> <!DOCTYPE ejb-jar PUBLIC
"-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise JavaBeans 2.0//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/dtd/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd";>
<ejb-jar>
<enterprise-beans>
<session>
<ejb-name>SequenceNumberBroker</ejb-name>
<home>com.sknt.picasso.ejbeans.SequenceNumberBrokerHome</home>
<remote>com.sknt.picasso.ejbeans.SequenceNumberBroker</remote>
<ejb-class>com.sknt.picasso.ejbeans.SequenceNumberBrokerBean</ejb-class>
<session-type>Stateless</session-type>
<transaction-type>Bean</transaction-type>
</session>
</enterprise-beans>

  <assembly-descriptor>
    <method-permission>
       <unchecked />
       <method>
         <ejb-name>SequenceNumberBroker</ejb-name>
          <method-name>*</method-name>
       </method>
    </method-permission>
  </assembly-descriptor>
</ejb-jar>

And here the stacktrace I am getting:

java.rmi.ServerException: EJBException:; nested exception is:
        javax.ejb.EJBException: checkSecurityAssociation;
CausedByException is:
        Authentication exception, principal=null
javax.ejb.EJBException: checkSecurityAssociation; CausedByException is:
        Authentication exception, principal=null
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.checkSecurityAssociation(Secur
ityInterceptor.java:174)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invokeHome(SecurityInterceptor
.java:94)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CleanShutdownInterceptor.invokeHome(CleanShutdownI
nterceptor.java:126)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invokeHome(LogInterceptor.java:133)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer.invokeHome(StatelessSessionConta
iner.java:300)
        at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:756)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:517)
        at
org.jboss.invocation.local.LocalInvoker.invoke(LocalInvoker.java:99)
        at
org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerInterceptor.java:1
02)
        at
org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.jav
a:77)
        at
org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:80)
        at
org.jboss.proxy.ejb.HomeInterceptor.invoke(HomeInterceptor.java:198)
        at
org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer.invoke(ClientContainer.java:76)
        at $Proxy86.create(Unknown Source)
        at
com.sknt.picasso.lib.BeanRefHandler.getSequenceNumberBrokerBean(BeanRefH
andler.java:878)

I also cranked up the logging and saw that my JAAS login modules get
invoked while trying to access this bean.  I would not expect that they
get called.

Regards,
Sebastian

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: INetU Attention Web Developers & Consultants: Become An INetU Hosting Partner. Refer Dedicated Servers. We Manage Them. You Get 10% Monthly Commission! INetU Dedicated Managed Hosting http://www.inetu.net/partner/index.php _______________________________________________ JBoss-user mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jboss-user