Version 1 of our document on some simple code improvements to JBoss 3.2.0
and the effect on performance is now available. We'll work on the document
as time allows. The current data covers performance measurements based on
Linux/IBM SDK/Trove.  The document is an 820K pdf available from the
section of our website on JBoss code optimizations,
http://www.amitysolutions.com.au/pages/downloads.html#code.  With four
basic and relatively simple changes, we obtained a further 10 percent
response time reduction over the bytecode optimizations we performed
earlier - a total of about 30 percent in total over the vanilla JBoss
distribution.  This also seemed to translate to the same level of
application responsiveness.

We also demonstrate the raw performance of Collections including Iterator
over ArrayList get(i).  Apart from that, the figures give some idea of the
cost of internal client calls versus external client calls. We hope these
are of some benefit.

In the future, we would like to test ECperf performance gains but
currently don't have the equipment to adequately meet the ECperf overall
resource demands. If anyone would like to donate some equipment for
testing, please step forward. ;) We'll also plan to look at Sun JDK
performance and memory performance.

Best regards,

JonB.