Scott M Stark wrote:
This is only working for stateless beans and mdbs currently. Its
a known issue as there is a unit test which fails because of this.
Its on my todo to fix for the 3.2.2RC2 release.

No problem! It's just a learning exercise. Thanks for sparing me a bug hunt, Scott.

Nevertheless, I learned quite a bit about JBoss bean pool configuration from this thread. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Erik