Last week I had a very simple stateless session bean running in JBoss, and I was able to access it perfectly using a simple client program. Now the client program does not find JNDI and I cannot figure out why. I have not changed any of the default JBoss settings (to the best of my knowledge). I even removed the JBoss installation and unzipped a new copy, to ensure that any configuration changes I may have accidentally made would be forgotten.

I am running both client and JBoss (3.2.1) on localhost. I have appended the error to this email. Can anyone give me a suggestion as to what might be causing this problem? I have tried everything.

Thank you,

Erik

$ ant client
Buildfile: build.xml

init:

client:
[java] javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out. Root exception is java.net.Sock
etTimeoutException: Receive timed out
[java] at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive(Native Method)
[java] at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(DatagramSocket.java:671)
[java] at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.discoverServer(NamingContext.java:1038)
[java] at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1127)
[java] at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:478)
[java] at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:471)
[java] at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
[java] at examples.CountClient.main(CountClient.java:27)