Personally, I'd like it to stay under cover. I don't need to get all this
drama on the jboss-user mailing list. Maybe there should be a jboss-reality
list for this kind of stuff.

-----Original Message-----
From: Barlow, Dustin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 2:28 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [JBoss-user] Recent CVS removals

> P.S. I am not trying to judge you folks, I just have to know what's
> going on here, and I definitely do not like all this silent
> undercover
> moves from both sides.

>From my outsider perspective, there has been alot more "silent undercover
moves" from the CDN members then what I've witnessed from the JBoss Group
members.  I remember reading this article
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9850 when the news first hit slashdot
that "JBoss Group Developers Walk Out"
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/06/04/2212228&mode=thread&tid=108&tid=
126&tid=156.

Some interesting comments from The Inquirer link above consist of ..

<quote>On our way out to the car I ask myself "are we really going to go
through with this?"</quote>

<quote>They thought Atlanta pulled a pre-emptive strike. We instruct them to
stay clear while we test, tag and push the final changes through to the
practice server. I can't stop laughing. We're actually going to do
this.</quote>

I may be wrong here, and I certainly am not choosing sides here, but to me,
quotes like the ones above are certainly indicative of "silent undercover
moves" from the CDN members who are certainly implementing plans/schemes
under veil of secrecy.  This certainly put them in a suspect light in my
opinion and I can certainly understand some, if not all the reactions that
the JBoss Group has had towards them.

Maybe its time for the CDN folks to be a little more forthcoming about their
real intentions and explain why they felt they needed to plan and implement
their flight/fork from the JBoss Group in secret. Turning around now and
yelling foul while hanging your hat on the philosophy peg that everything
should be "open" seems a little bit disingenuous to me given the prior
actions of CDN members.

Dustin