> These are the reasons for the removals:

Two companies, both selling training, support and documentation for a
product that is controlled by one of the two companies. Anyone else see
a problem here?

Naturally, the company controlling the project will try to put their
competitor at a disadvantage. Pushing them out of the project seems like
an effective strategy. After all, who would you rather hire for support,
an actual committer, or a mere submitter of patches?

Having things going in this direction, the second company will probably
want to secure some independance from their competitor. Forking the
project seems to fit in with this strategy.

I'm sure that the quality of training, support and documentation will
increase due to the competition. I'm somewhat less optimistic about the
effects on the software itself. (Consider the history of Unix, and
compare it to that of Linux.)

If wonder if we would be better off if there was a clear separation
between JBoss the project and JBoss the company, as others have
previously suggested. That's probably the only setup that would allow
for free competition. Unfortunately the only people who could set up
such an arrangement are those with the least interest in it.

Somewhere, in a parallel universe...

--
Eric Jain